Google Penguin update has changed many things in the SEO world. Hundreds and thousands of websites were affected and their ranking came falling like a dead duck since the Penguin update. One of the main SEO strategies is link building. It is a method followed by SEO experts where backlinks are placed in external sites to point the content in your website. Every link that trails back to your website is seen as a vote for your content. That is, the more number of backlinks from external sites points to your content results in higher ranking for your website in the search engine. Higher ranking means more visibility and more business.
It was not until Google made significant changes in the algorithm updates and rolled out Penguin to target unnatural links. Traditional SEO and link building strategies began to fail and affected the SEO business a lot. Websites with quality and relevant links was naturally rewarded and ranked higher in the search results. Websites that used paid links or which used other unethical ways to influence ranking on the Google index were worst affected. If you are one among those hit by the Penguin update and still unsure how to get back into the SEO link building business, then read on below for some simple link building tips post Penguin update.
An understanding of Penguin
This year in April, Google released several updates to tackle unethical SEO practices. Among them was the Penguin, an algorithm update aimed at primarily black-hat SEO tactics. In simple words, Penguin targets those websites that do not abide by the SEO guidelines. Penguin was mainly designed to combat webspam techniques. It simply diminishes the search engine rankings of websites that violate the Google quality guidelines. Penguin’s key focus is to tackle websites that indulge in webspam and unnatural linking strategies.
Penguin friendly link building tips
To stay intact in the SEO world and to survive the Penguin update, all you have to do is follow some simple strategies.
- Use quality and relevant links with more natural appeal. Deploy links only if it is relevant to the content. Avoid too many links unless they are good and natural as it affects the ranking.
- Check the location of the links. Do not place too many site wide links or in the footer. Build enough inner page links. This will make it easy for your site to crawl and aim at higher rank.
- Ensure not to stuff the document with too many in keywords. Keywords stuffing in order to manipulate the site ranking pose a negative impact. Place the right keywords in the right location and link them appropriately.
- Make use of long tail keywords and phrases instead of just the keywords. Infuse anchor texts to branded words and this is an effective way to avoid penalization by Penguin.
- Prepare quality content that offers solutions and attracts visitors. Informative and original content is always the right SEO strategy. This will get you some high quality links and provides protection against any number of future Google algorithm updates.
This article has been brought to you by MyTechHelp — a leader in providing support across various products brands and tech devices for individuals and small businesses in need of instant tech help click here